[WriteLog] first real contest with microhamKEYER

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Sun Mar 19 14:23:59 EST 2006

After some help from Joe, I was able to configure the router to provide this capability.
I had DXBase2006 on my secondary computer watching for any unconfirmed band/mode cluster
spots.

I had Writelog using the MMTTY add-in module running on the main monitor.

Both programs were being fed cluster spots from ARUser.

The active preset was my Writelog preset.

Both programs could control the rig by choosing the correct preset.

So when a cluster spot sounded an alarm on DXBase for a band/mode I needed, I simply
clicked on the DXBase preset, clicked on the cluster spot which switched my rig from 20
meter FSK to 30 meter cw, hit my keypad cw message buffer, worked, logged him and switched
back to the Writelog Preset and continued working BARTG.

My only inconvenience is that my rotor control which is on a legacy comport card had to be
disabled in DXBase so that it could be controlled by Writelog.

Slicker than snots on a doorknob....

T-Shirts - taglines for the Computer Illiterate.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
webcams at http://24.14.49.4:8080
weather at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w9ol/WX/HH.htm