[WriteLog] (more) SO2R... sort of

Rick Mintz Rmintz at Rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 19 12:52:20 EDT 2006

Jerry is correctly interpreting my original question.

If the lockouts are operational then we would only need to have a visual signal (LED or similar) at each position to alert the operator that the other station is keyed up. I think we could get the TX signal from the PTT line or from the COM cable that keys the rigs. We are going to give this a try from K2NNY (Northern NY) for CW Sweepstakes. (I'll depend on the ops feedback, as I do not do CW.)

BTW, I always have been aware that this is a Multi Op class, hence the "SO2R... sort of" title.

i.e.    num M K2NNY 95 NNY

Rick W1TY

P.S. Hope to work you in CQWW RTTY this weekend. SO1R.

I operate a similar hardware setup - networked computers, etc. I control TX/RX manually, but I have tried the lockouts and they work OK. I forget which pulldown tab they are on. You have two options. Try them both and see how it works.

Don't know how you can signal the other op that he is free to TX. If WL provides some signal, I haven't noticed it.

BTW, my station is single operator, but yours is multi.

Jerry W4UK