[WriteLog] Writelog

Gary Senesac AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Jul 2 02:44:27 EDT 2007

In previous posts to the reflector regarding missing rig drivers in WL a
"work around" is often possible by using the driver set of another radio
that is "close enough" to provide most, if not all functionality, until the
new drivers are available.  I don't have Yaesu gear myself, but have found
in the past various Icom drivers will work with newer Icom rigs.  I seem to
remember some Kenwood drivers also worked for other Kenwood rigs.  This
permits a new rig owner to continue using his familiar WL software with the
new radio.  Much easier than going through the entire learning curve with a
new program I should think!

You might want to do some research or experiment with the various Yaesu
radio drivers and see if another rigs command set is close enough to permit
your new rig to function with WL.  Good luck.

73,
Gary AL9A