[WriteLog] BROKEN CW WITH WL10.65 AND DIRECT-IO AS LPT DRIVER/INTERFACE

John and Mary Powell zl1bhq at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 2 02:17:46 EST 2008

I have recently re-installed WL, initially with v10.64 and subsequently upgraded to 10.65.  Somewhat belatedly I discovered that these versions do not support LPT keying and as a result I installed Direct-IO (evaluation model meantime). The problem - broken CW, generally on an unintelligible nature. Is there someone on the Reflector who has experienced this problem and if so would be kind enough to suggest a cure. The re-installation has been made on a HPCompaq NX5000 laptop, principally for portability reasons.
Any assistance would be appreciatively welcome.

73 and thanks in advance
John Powell. ZL1BHQ