[WriteLog] RECENT FILE LIST problem

Bruce Meier bemeier at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 6 16:29:51 PDT 2009

First - thanks to everyone that made suggestions.  I tried them all, but
nothing worked.  Then, prior to doing a full reload  (didn't want to do
that) I tried one more thing.  I shut down my CA virus software.  The files
in RECENT FILE LIST stayed there.  I then changed the MRU_LENGTH=4 to a
value of 8.   I opened, searched, saved 4 more contest files.  They all
stayed.   Then I re-enabled the CA Virus Software.  Everything was deleted.

OK - now what.  I was not going to run my computer w/o virus scanning.

SOLUTION - The CA software has an advanced feature that will allow you to
'exclude' specific files from being scanned.  So, I set it up so that the
Writelog.ini file would no longer be part of the REAL TIME protection and
the SCAN process.

THE FILES NOW ARE STAYING IN MY RECENT FILE LIST ! ! ! !

I can't believe I put up with this for so long.   I started to run the CA
software when I replaced all my computers in the house.... in January 2008.

Thanks again for the help and suggestions.  You all helped motivate me to
keep working on the problem.

73,
Bruce - N1LN
(aka: NC4KW)