[WriteLog] Writelog recording levels

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Wed Jun 30 12:44:46 PDT 2010

>I am having trouble with recording messages on my Win XP laptop.  When I
>record messages, the recording levels vary widely despite not touching
>any of the settings.

The way this is supposed to work is bring up WriteLog's Sound Board Mixer
controls from the Start menu WriteLog V10 group. In the middle on the bottom

is a level control marked "Mic level".

Note that Vista and later radically changed the way the sound board mixer
controls are programmed. A yet-to-be-released version of WriteLog is going
to support Vista and Win7 with very similar, but not quite identical
functionality. (I am giving up, at least temporarily, on having WriteLog
set the levels and the mute/unmute buttons. Instead, you set those from
the OS built-in panels. There is one pre-Vista feature that is lost in
this switch: it is no longer possible to "Echo Microphone" and record
RX audio both on just one sound board. The mic and the RX line in must
go to separate sound boards.)

Wayne