[WriteLog] Vista problems

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Fri May 7 09:08:48 PDT 2010

Hi Alan,

Where do you have WriteLog installed?  If it is in the Program Files folder
Vista will not allow updates to certain files there and puts things in the
VirtualStore path, including writelog.ini.  Since you're not finding
writelog.ini there I'm wondering if you have WriteLog installed at the root
level C:\\WriteLog\Programs instead of in the Program Files folder.  If so,
Vista will not put writelog.ini in VirtualStore\Windows and it can be found
and edited in C:\\Windows.

73,
Gary AL9A