[WriteLog] Writelog 10.84D & Icom 775DSP with Windows 7

nx0i at aol.com nx0i at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 06:48:31 PDT 2011

Anyone,

      I have been using Writelog for several years and just recently installed version 10.84D on a new PC running Windows 7 Pro.
      The problem I am having and I am having the same problem with N1MM is that I cannot get Writelog to see my ICOM 775.
      I am using a Serial to USB converter for my CT-17.  Icom is assigned to Com2 9600,n,8.1,x in both my PC & Writelog.ini file.
      My radio is assigned to 9600 baud & 46h address.  These settings are working great with DXBASE 2007.  It controls the radio with no problems.
      When I go into ports on Writelog and tell it Com2 -  ICOM775 -9600baud - polling - Sync  it comes up and says "NO RIG!"
      I have also tried different baud rates 4800, 19200 etc. with no success.
      I have set everything up from the setting in my old XP machine and like I said DXBASE2007 see's my radio but not Writelog.
      I have edited the correct Writelog.ini file, not the one in the Windows folder and when I make changes, it seems to be seeing the changes.
      I am also using a Signalink & Winkeyer2.  These are working with no issues but not in Writelog.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated from a long time Writelog user.

      Jerry,  NX0I