[WriteLog] Writelog Question: Red Outline On Call Field

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Thu Feb 16 08:35:40 PST 2012

WriteLog calls this the "red box" and it indicates that you may still edit
the call sign even though CW has begun.  You can read more about it in the
Help file. e.g.,:

the letter "C"
the contents of the "CALL" field in the entry window are sent. If the CALL
field is blank, then the CALL from the previous QSO is sent.

Special case: If, when you press the function key corresponding to a memory
with %C in it, you also have the cursor in the CALL field of the Entry
window, then WriteLog switches to live CW transmission from the Entry
window. Each key you type not only is recorded in the CALL field but is also
transmitted as CW at the appropriate time. WriteLog shows you it has entered
this mode by drawing a red rectangle around the CALL box. Typing BACKSPACE
attempts to not send the last character. (Some CW keyer options (PK-232 and
W5XD keyer) do not support this option.) Any characters following the %C in
the memory are held until you tab or space out of the CALL field, or until
the message being sent catches up to your typing, or if you stop typing for
more than 1 second. (You can extend or shorten the 1 second delay using the
LiveCwDelayMs entry in the [configuration] section of WRITELOG.INI.)

Ed - W0YK