[WriteLog] Hardware Generated FSK

Steve AI9T steve at ai9t.com
Mon Apr 1 14:52:06 EDT 2013

On 4/1/2013 2:31 PM, Ed Muns wrote:
> Steve AI9T wrote:
>> I'm using the Microham MKII. Is there anyway to turn off the
>> Hardware Generated FSK in this version of Writelog? I would
>> rather be able to choose my port.
> If you use MMTTY as your main decoder and therefore your encoder for
> transmit, then simply select 'None' on the Rttyrite Port menu and then go to
> the MMTTY Options TX tab to set your FSK/PTT COM port.

I have done this and it is still slow. Also the Hardware Generated FSK
is checked and greyed out.

>> This just transmits way to
>> slow. I have tried ever configuration I can think of and I
>> can't get it to work correctly. You can see it's not right in
>> the RTTYRITE window just the way the text goes across the
>> screen when you send.
> Joe will have to address this.  The problem is between Rttyrite Hardware
> generated FSK and microHAM Router.  There is no speed issue with direct COM
> port FSK/PTT keying.

Yes,, I agree it seems to be related between WL and MKII My S & P rig
setup uses a couple transisters for keying with no problems.

>>    I reinstalled my regular MMTTY Plugin back into WL.
> This was not necessary because either MMTTY FSK or Rttyrite FSK can be
> selected by virtue of the choice made on the Rttyrite Port menu.  (Either
> 'None' or a COM port number.)  However, MMTTY Plug-in and the XMMT.ocx
> interface can happily coexist.  The risk is confusion over which items on
> which menus to tick in order to get what you want.
>
>> I remove all the rttyrite sections from WL ini then I can bring
>> up WL set the TU Type to the old MMTTY plugin. Then close WL
>> and reopen,, then open a RTTYRITE window. If I try to go to
>> TU Type again there is nothing but a blank pull down menu.
>> The RTTYRITE freezes and I have to shut it down from the taskbar.
> Try deleting all Rttyrite sections in writelog.ini again.  You may not have
> deleted all of them or maybe not in the active writelog.ini file.  be sure
> to exit WriteLog, then delete the Rttyrite ini sections, then restart

I have removed all the sections from the INI file many times. If I try
to pick the standard MMTTY plugin I get the same problem.