[WriteLog] 2Tone help

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Tue Apr 2 19:33:12 EDT 2013

Hi guys, sorry to be such a pain but I am still having a bit of trouble getting
2Tone to work.

Thanks to Don, AA5AU, and others I got the XMMT.OCX all working in the menu.
But this is where I got in trouble.

I set the path to 2tone.exe.  Fine it came up and worked just fine...UNTIL I
selected "Setup" from the toolbar of 2Tone.
I then got the following message, "The specified device is already in use.  Wait
until it is free, and then try again."
Well, I waited a couple of hours and 2Tone never recovered.
I exit Writelog and then ran Writelog again, still same message.
I closed all programs and turned Windows7 and the computer off.  Started up and
started Writelog again, still same message.
I edited the Writelog.ini file and removed the Rttyrite entry.
Started Writelog and still got the same message after selecting XMMT.ocx and
doing the TNC setup again.
MMTTY works fine.  There must be a service or process that needs to be stopped
and restarted??

Joe K0BX

 #1 Honor Roll Mixed
Honor Roll RTTY

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.