[WriteLog] SO2R audio switching option from keyboard ??

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Jul 7 15:41:59 EDT 2013

> I don't think I'm asking for anything crazy. I want simple audio
> switching that mimics exactly what the MK2R+ box has on it's front
> panel independent of TX focus.

MK2R+ audio switching is independent of TX focus if you set it and
Writelog up correctly.  MK2R+'s receive audio follows the Writelog
Receive focus (white entry window) plus PTT status and PTT source
(computer/manual).   There is no dependence on writelog transmit
focus ("green ball") at all unless you have Writelog sending RX
focus commands (headphones reverse, headphones latch, etc.) with
transmit commands.

If configured correctly, you should not need *any* interaction with
MK2R+ front panel unless you need to change the entire set of audio
states or are trying to create custom configurations on the fly.

> I'll play with configurations some more since I'm getting functions
> that are NOT as you describe .. for example; blocking all audio in
> both ears when either TX is transmitting;

Are you talking about when the computer is transmitting or when the
operator is transmitting (paddles, mic PTT/Footswitch)?  You can
create *any* supported configuration - including continuing to listen
to the the transmitting monitor/sidetone and assign it to the "Monitor"
(Manual TX on ...) states - this allows the ability to hear the other
radio only when WriteLog is sending a message or CQ (Computer TX on
... state) and the monitor/sidetone when the operator transmits.
Either set of states can be enabled or disabled ("Latch" - computer
vs. "monitor" for manual) independently as desired.  "Stereo" is an
override and can be selected using the Writelog "Headphones Split"
command toggle (hot key).

I generally set up a basic configuration with latch and monitor then
program one of the "Mode" buttons to "reverse latch" and "reverse
monitor" which will effectively allow me to enable or disable those
functions "on the fly" without bothering to load a different scenario.

 > Yes, I've tried several of the canned scenarios.

It's all a matter of learning how the software works and implementing
your style using with the tools that MK2R+ and WriteLog provide.  It
is not something that happens in a vacuum.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV