[WriteLog] SO2R audio switching option from keyboard ??

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Jul 7 15:58:05 EDT 2013

 >From your answer, I take that there is no way to get it the way I want
 > through WL.

I did not say that.  Unless you want something really weird, MK2R+ is
capable of just about *any* audio configuration.  It is a matter of
deciding what you want, setting up that configuration and making sure
that Writelog is not fighting with MK2R+.

The only time one should need to touch MK2R+ "in battle" is to recall
a completely different configuration - e.g. when going from dueling
CQs on 20/15 to operating split and listening to both one's transmit
frequency and a QSX frequency on 40 meters.  Even going from dual S&P
or dueling CQs to running a large pile-up should not take anything more
than couple tapes to the mode button to turn off latch and a hot-key
in Writelog to disable stereo (split).

It's all a matter or working with the automation rather than trying to
force it to do things as if your were controlling each item manually.

> My backup plan is to physically attach wires to the MK2R+ front
> panel switches and bring them out to parallel switches that I can
> locate on (or next to) the keyboard.

That's a very bad idea.  The switches and LEDS are a matrix that is
scanned/multiplexed.  Trying to extend those wires is an invitation
to RFI both to and from the device and is likely to have serious
problems with bus loading.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV