[WriteLog] K3 and KPA500

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun May 12 00:03:13 EDT 2013

I don't run SO2R (yet :) ), but I have some questions about your setup.
What interface are you using for the radio switching control?  Do you use
band pass filters?  How are they switched into the correct configuration for
the bands you are working?  I'm assuming your S&P radio is on a different
band than the K3, but if the fault message is "PWRIN HI" it seems to me that
too much RF may be getting through the band pass filters and into the
receive circuits on the K3 and/or the KPA500.  What about antenna
separation?  Does the fault occur with a particular combination of
send/receive antennas or it doesn't seem to matter?

73,
Gary AL9A