[WriteLog] another problem

Gary Senesac al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Feb 15 11:41:36 EST 2016

Cort and Shelby,

You get the small tabs below a window because they are stacked one on top of another.  The tabs act as a toggle switch so you can switch between windows,  Not a good thing to have with the Entry window!  I've found the secret is to first make the log window very large - take up lots of screen real estate before you add any other windows to the desktop.  As you begin dropping windows into place on the log it will adjust both horizontally and vertically to accommodate the size of the new windows being dropped into place.

The solution for your stacked windows is to toggle the SCP window so it displays on top.  Now go to the upper right corner and click on the little down pointing indicator.  A menu will open where you set the the window to either fixed or floating.  In this case it is already fixed, so change it to a floating window.  When that is done resize the SCP window to a smaller size and then left click on the top bar and drag it off the Entry window to a new location.  While holding the left mouse button down and dragging the window around look for the various arrow pointers - up, down, left, right or center.  As you drag the window over an arrow pointer it will show a blue box shape either vertically or horizontally of the column or row it will occupy if you drop it there.  Just don't drop it on another window.  After dropped into position you can click and drag on a corner to change its size to suit what you need.

I actually intentionally dropped two windows on top of one another - the new QSO rate graph window and the normal rate window.  That way I can toggle between the graph to visually see my rate and the normal window to see both the rate numbers and my time on air in the contest so far.  Works very well for me.

As a final note, if you are using two monitors they must be floating windows to move to the other monitor and when there the arrow positioning tool doesn't work.  They must be dropped on the extended monitor as floating windows.

Gary AL9A
Sent from my Kindle HDX