[WriteLog] 7QP does not allow you to select power levels for Cabrillo file

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sun May 8 18:56:34 EDT 2016

Writelog 12.05

My 7QP was log was mis-categorized as high power because the power
selection in the Cabrillo setup was grayed out.

The rules state:

http://ws7n.net/7QP/new/Page.asp?content=rules

* Single-op: high-power, low-power <150W, QRP <5W; CW, Phone, Digital, Mixed

* Multi-single (including assisted single-op, e.g., using spotting
network): High, low and QRP

* Multi-multi.    No differentiated mode or power levels

There is a second bug. Once you perform the "Station Setup" for 7QP,
then open the log again, you can not (easily) change the entry
category.  I had to check "Working from 7th Call Area" then "Working
from Elsewhere" in order to change my Entry Class from Single-Op-Low
to Multi-Op (I used spotting assistance).

Alas, even after doing all this, there was still no way to select my
power for the Cabrillo file.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us