[WriteLog] Popular Logging Programs for CQ WW SSB

Ed W0YK ed at w0yk.com
Tue Nov 27 15:13:18 EST 2018

Type 'NOESM' in the call sign entry window to disable ESM.  Type 'ESM' to enable it.A different ESM script can be written and sustituted for the default one.  The ESM behavior can be whatever you want, including none.73,Ed W0YK
-------- Original message --------From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e at arrl.net> Date: 11/27/18  10:47  (GMT-08:00) To: jeflanders at comcast.net, WriteLog Reflector <writelog at contesting.com> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Popular Logging Programs for CQ WW SSB Jerry,I think both WinTest and TR4WIN have only one mode:  ESM with differentmacros for run and S&P. I don't know if there's any way to turn it off. Ihad one guest op come over and he had to install TR4WIN because that's whathe likes. It would drive me crazy. I've used WinTest a couple of times andwas able to use it, but had to be very careful not to do something that itconsidered unusual .. which would result in QLF.Maybe I've just become too comfortable with WL, but I like the idea of mebeing in charge of the radio and the conversation. The logger should followme. Not the other way around. I suppose like most things, you can get usedto it with time and practice.73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TUOn Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 10:16 AM Jerry Flanders <jeflanders at comcast.net>wrote:>> > On November 27, 2018 at 12:50 PM Alan Maenchen <ad6e at arrl.net> wrote:> >> >> >...I really don't like it when keys on the keyboard change> > function .. for any reason. I've learned to change the N1MM macros such> > that "run" and S&P do exactly the same things... and turn off ESM. Then> it> > becomes a usable logger.  IMHO> ...>> I had to use n1mm for a couple contests awhile back. That is exactly what> I had to do to make it usable for me. Strange the n1mm authors defaulted> the user into that mode (changing the macros between run and S&P). The> switch must work well for some guys, or it wouldn't still be there. Do any> other contest programs switch like that? I had always used WL, and never> ran into it before.>> Jerry W4UK>_______________________________________________WriteLog mailing listWriteLog at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/writelogWriteLog on the web:  http://www.writelog.com/