[WriteLog] v12.35c commport question

Jim Johnson jim.kc4hw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:11:26 EST 2019

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the help!  Sri for the delay in replying, but my Grandson is
visiting for a few days.   Don't get many visits from him, so can't give
up the opportunity to spend some time.  Although I am planning on some
kind of effort in RTTYRU.

Yes I did download the current example configuration file for the MK and
writelog.   In fact it helped my aging memory to setup up the RTTY
configuration which appears to be working fine.

I currently have a PCI-e card with port 2, 3, 4 and 5 installed in this
computer that is not being used now.  Additionally, uRouter, Virtual
Port, Show All - reveals that I had previously created virtual port for
6 thru 11 that are currently being used.  Additionally, ports 12 thru 30
are present but not being used.

I really think this is a computer ports problem, because port 6 had been
flakey as well.  So I was going to remove the PCI-e card and the other
Virtual ports and then using the procedure described on
RTTYContesting.com to make sure that those ports are removed from the
system ( guess this will work as I am using Win 8.1 compooter).  Then I
thought that I would reboot and start over with the virtual ports in
uRouter and Writelog and see where it goes.

BTW I am using port 7 for CAT control for FT-2000 and port 8 for
FSK--both of these are working without a problem.  In fact all of this
was working including CW in Writelog 11.29, uRouter before upgrading to
Writelog 12.35c.

I don't know!  Thanks, Jim/KC4HW