[WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 242, Issue 24

Mike Heideman mike_heideman at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:43:57 EST 2023

> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 08:24:58 -0800
> From: "Bob Wolbert, K6XX" <k6xx at k6xx.com>
> Subject: [WriteLog] Learning WL: INI Mysteries no longer as mysterious

> 2. K3 or K4 DVR Message kill. Once a DVR message starts, it plays to
> completion: ESC won't stop it. How can this be fixed? Note that pressing
> the footswitch causes the rig itself to halt the message.

Hi Bob,

I wrote up a description for using the Elecraft DVRs in Writelog a few years back, mostly repeating information that N6EE had posted earlier.

http://lists.contesting.com/_writelog/2016-11/msg00063.html

The way to enable ESC interrupts of the DVR playback is:

In Setup/Ports set the CommPTT to Yes for the K3(s). This will enable the ESC
key to be used for interrupting messages. Also set the DVK Type to None.

If you're in a mixed mode contest using VOX for CW keying then switching from SSB to CW may cause occasional stuttering on CW unless the Setup/Ports PTT is turned off for that radio while using CW. Or PTT can be used for CW instead of VOX to avoid the stuttering.

73,
-Mike, N7MH