[WWYC] Sorry about the last messages

ad7u@juno.com ad7u@juno.com
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 01:03:02 +0000

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 00:07:42 +0100 "Thomas - OZ1AA" <oz1aa@qsl.net>
writes:
> However... now about the exchange in the contest...
> I'm think that exchange of age is better than the power, we must
> show that
> we are young hams as Thomas told. And look what i think: The members
> can
> exchange the age and the member number, may be like that:
> 599 15 YC2  or 599 15 / 2 YC or only 599 15 / 2    (for short use YC
> not
> WWYC+ACEAIQAh-)
>
> or if you prefer let's to be only the age, but let's tell to other
> that we
> are members:
> 599 15 YC
>
> I think that the last exchange (599 15 YC) is better.

I agree. Sending the membership # will just confuse things. If somebody
is interested in what my member number is they can look it up on the web.
But I do suggest sending something to signify that you are a member. THEN
we can have the mults be the number of members worked overall, NOT per
band. We don't need to have people making 100 Q's and 1,000,000 pts. Also
that would encourage the under 30 crowd to become members, so they can be
a mult!! So count mults once but allow people to be worked again on
different bands and  modes.

>And then the
> multiplier can be: The number of members per band. AND/OR? number
> of peoples under 30 years. Without exchanging the country,
> continent,
> zone e.t.c.+ACE- As much points as funny+ACEAIQ- And we must think
> about categories.
> As I don't work in CW contests then it's better to have CW only, SSB
> only
> and
> Mixed. Because if I'm work in SSB only and I'm in one category with
> this
> peoples which are working mixed then who will whave more points???
> It's not honestly. It's better to have much categories than much
> unhappy
> peoples. I know it from my life as radioamateur.

Yes CW, SSB and mixed must be different categories.

73 de Caleb AD7U (age 16)
W7W IOTA NA-169 op
WWYC #23
AD7U@arrl.net