[WWYC] WWYC Age Limit: Poll Results

Simon Pearson m0clw at ftml.net
Fri Dec 10 10:17:10 EST 2004

Hi guys,

> I have been a bit inactive lately but now I will follow up on this subject.

Nice to see you QRV again Mike. Great that you've got your kit
fixed, nice job. I will be listening for ya over the Christmas
holidays. Listen out for M0CLW/P[issed], special call! ;-)

Anyway, can we have OFs as honorary members, even if they haven't
actively done anything for WWYC (but they DO support young
contesters)?

Maybe what should happen is once you are too old to be a 'normal'
member of WWYC is you enter the "hall of fame". So in 11 years
time, when I'm 30 years old, I'll enter the "hall of fame".
However, OFs who help/support young contesters and/or WWYC are
made "honorary members" of WWYC. Personally I think that is more
logical. Thoughts?

There are a few guys I'd like to see added as "honorary members":
* Al, 4L5A/D4B
* Dave, G4BUO
* Paolo, I2UIY
* Ben, DL6RAI

Hmm, there are others to go on the list but they just aren't
coming to me right now. My excuse is that it's Friday ;-)

These are besides the obvious ones - Timo OH1NOA, Mario S56A,
Zoli HA1AG... These guys deservedly enter as honorary members.

So folks, what do you all reckon?

Simon Pearson
/// M 0 C L W