[WWYC] Dupe in cabrillo!

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Tue Nov 30 09:40:41 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 10:44:17AM +0100, Csaba NAGY HA3LN wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm just preparing the log for the wwcw contest
> and I have a question.
>
> - For example I make a QSO with AB1D at 10.00 UT.
> - I logged it... QSO completed... OK!
> - After a while AB1D call me again at 10.30 UT.
> - I send him QSO B4.
> - He says no qso before/NIL.
> - OK, I log him again but CT marked as dupe.
>
> My question is how can I mark that the first qso
> with a stn is count as nothing (0 point) and the
> second "marked as dupe" qso is the valid!
>
> Only need to mark the first qso with 0 point and
> leave the second one with 1 or 3 point(s)???
> As I read on the web the logchecking procedure
> will do this marking stuff but in this way I'll
> lose point if the NIL QSO will be the valid.
>
> I'd like to avoid the point deductions.

You do not need to do anything - just leave both
contacts in your log.

It will all work out - chances are that AB1D did not
log you correctlly the first time you worked and the
the log checking should find that - in any event having
extra contacts in you log with a station is not a problem
for you at all.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net