[WWYC] NR3X WPX SOABLP TS

Nathan Moreschi n4ydu at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 30 12:16:26 EDT 2005

 CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NR3X
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4PY

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:   41
   40:  346
   20:  453
   15:  262
   10:   30
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were great the first day. I found myself DXING at 2 am local on
15M
the first night. There were too many unexpected events that took transpired
stay on as long as I wanted to.

I set up a station Friday afternoon and used my father's antennas (N4PY). I
threw up some dipoles for the second radio and I was ready to have fun. Nice
get on for a decent amount of time.

I worked several Lids of the WWYC gang. I kept up with KL9A throughout the
contest. Chris has set a new W7 record. His performance was incredible, as
was Dan's (N6MJ).

Known WWYCers worked: ON5ZO, 9A6XX, KL9A, LA6FJA, DJ1YFK (NICE SIG FAB),
N6MJ, and more.

I get my old QTH back in three weeks. Time to build the station again! I
picked up a 2 element quad the other day for free. I'm going to put that up
as soon as I move. Other antennas I have to put up are various tribanders
and monobanders for 15 and 10.

See everyone in IARU,

73,

Nate/N4YDU