[WWYC] NEW! Please remove the 60 min off time rule in CQ WPX Contests

Stein Roar Brobakken s-roabr at online.no
Fri Apr 8 15:03:32 PDT 2011

Hi

Yes, I know get more input how people doing this is in practice.. hi  hi

Well, I have been very strict to this rule and if I am away 5 minute then I
MUST stay off the radio for 60 min....
But yes, 30 min is enough penalty hi hi

I got one input from ON4BPM

I think these rules have been created for elderly people to really take some
naps during 48h and not simulate a break, going to a toilet, fixing a PA or
making something to drink / eat.

It rings me a bell that there was some story around year 2000 about some
older Japanese ham taking the 48h contests too seriously, who had critical
health problems due to refraining from sleeping (heart failure etc.) after
working 48h single op.

So maybe it is best to let it be as it is or scroll the time from 60 to 30
minute ? or let says minimum  2 hours ?

73s LA6FJA