[Yaesu] FT-1000MP TO BE CONTROLLED BY AEA RL-1 RADIOLINK?

Rainer.Arndt@era.ericsson.se Rainer.Arndt@era.ericsson.se
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 15:27:11 +0100

Hi guys!
I recently purchased an RL-1 Radiolink from AEA. Probably the last one
that was available in the whole of North America, since AEA had been
acquired by Timewave and this item has been discontinued. (I did send
out over 20 inquiries to different dealers.) The unit is new.
My intention is to start using this unit in conjunction with my
FT-1000MP. The unit's manual says that it will work with all Yaesu HF
radios from FT-890 up to FT-1000. So I wonder if anybody knows how that
would translate into FT-1000MP? Are the CAT commands on the MP totally
different from the previous radios? Will I have to use the RL-1 with my
FT-890 instead or will it work with the MP?
Thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions.
Rainer
SM5LBR