[Yaesu] FT857D mobile turn on problem

RFD fdavis at nfld.net
Sun Jul 8 18:44:57 EDT 2007

I installed my FT857D in my vehicle a few days ago and all Ok up to now.

Today the radio will not turn on from the power button on the front panel unit.

It appears to be dead.   All power cable connections and fuses are OK.
The power cable is wired directly to the battery terminals.
Using the separation kit for the control head.

If I go to the trunk and unplug the molex connectors and then plug then back together the radio will come on for a few seconds ;  give a few little beeps and then die.

Anybody out there experience this ??

73 Frank VO1HP