[Yaesu] yaesu ft-840

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Thu Oct 29 21:03:34 PDT 2009

4
Using Google translate I get "
I HAVE A RADIO THE FT-840 AFTER THAT TIME WITHOUT USE

Connect and the flashes DISPLEI IF YOU CAN GIVE ME TO KNOW THAT THIS
ADVISING THIS CIRCUIT IS DAMAGED OR DOES THIS DO THE RELEVANT Deprogramming
WAITING FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP"

This seems to say his FT840 display is flashing, has anyone any ideas?

Hi Carlos

There is a plug under the main board which has some pins that go through the
board.

I had a problem with the display flashing on my '840 and I had to re-solder
the connections where the pins go through the board.

You might push on the board near those pins and see if the flashing stops.
73 and GL
Tom W7WHY