[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3833@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 03:22:12 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 14

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   2      1
   80:  13     10
   40:  19     12
   20:  15     11
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  49     34  Total Score = 1,666

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The last 3 digits in my score tell (part of) the story ;-(

Several days ago I thought my little ASUS Netbook on the Home QTH end of the
Locust Peak Remote link (in service constantly for almost 6 years now) had
crapped out.  Turns out the video driver was corrupted.  Got that fixed, but
then had problems re-booting tonight.  10 Minutes before the NSL it worked
again.  On little sleep I was scrambling to get everything else configured.

Needless to say, it was a 'Deer-in-the-headlights' ordeal for me tonight, and
the operator was grossly out-of-sync. In my harried state of mind, sorry I
stepped on one or two of you tonight with my FF (Fumble Fingers).

20m was the pits, but I about fell over when an 599 Booga (N3BB/M) called me on
40m.  What a signal for being mobile !!!

Really nice to hear TomOR/W7WHY back-in-the-NS/NSL-saddle again, but where was
MikeIN/W9RE again???  Do we need to put out an "APB"???

Heard JohnGA/K4BAI say his Confuzzzzer went down.  Sorry, OM.  I felt your pain
;-(

I breathed a BEEEG sigh of relief when tonight's NSL session was over.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick - K 6 V V A * The Locust