[AMPS] Re: 3-500Z/ G

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: 3-500Z/ G
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 20:12:41 EST
On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:21:53 -0500 "Tom Rauch (W8JI)"
<W8JItom@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>km1h@juno.com wrote:
>
>> were cheaper then. Instability problems forced Kenwood to go back to
>> Eimac's which are what they used for development.
>
>Could you describe the symptoms that indicated an "instabilty
>problem"?
Typical symptoms with an AL-82, etc are a shorted tube, blown plate
choke, blown band switch. Many failures can be traced to a poor
understanding on how to even tune the damn thing. I cant believe how many
hams havent a clue as to what they are doing.  But the bottom line as a
manufacturer is you have to make it somewhat idiot proof.  I'll accept
the flames....most hams are dumber than a sneaker full of s...; this
reflector is an exception of course!

>From my end the "problems" are always way after the fact Tom....I just
try and fix them. When they arrive here is when the average repair shop
or Joe Ham gives up.  My own amps are built to never have those problems.

Please read my prior comments about  the subject over the past few
months...we have discussed this before.
I remain open to any discussion and ideas but please do not try and draw
me into a battle with you and others....I am just a bystander.

73...Carl   KM1H

.