[AMPS] PA Recommendation Wanted

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PA Recommendation Wanted
From: KR4DAGRIP@aol.com (KR4DAGRIP@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 13:08:24 -0400 (EDT)

<< Folks, I last built a PA almost 40 years ago (2, 813s); a lot has
 changed since then and I really would appreciate some critical comments
 about the 89 and the HF-2500DX, or about another PA you suggest. I want
 to buy only once, and I don't want to develop a relationship with the
 UPS person! >>

Hi Larry,
No matter what choice you make you have to live with it.
You doing the right then by asking and comparing.
I did the same thing and picked the 91b, price, quality, ALPHA
warrenty, about 6 weeks ago now.
I looked at the QRO real hard close second but it did not give a good
feeling when it came to warrenty (2 yrs, 91b 4 years). Also the QRo
metering was not to MY liking. And the biggest concern to ME was the
protection circuits. I probably would of done some bad things by now with the
QRO amp. The 91b will not let me mess up. All we can do is hope either
amp company will honor the warrenty. You know the price, quality, NAME.
Good luck on your decision...I hope I never need warrenty work from any
product I buy.

73 de KR4DA Bob Lawrenceville GA