[AMPS] PA Recommendation Wanted

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PA Recommendation Wanted
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 15:58:28 EDT
On Fri, 06 Jun 1997 11:09:19 -0500 Lee Buller <k0wa@southwind.net>
writes:

>I agree with Patrick.  Ray is putting out some pretty good gear in my
>estimation.  Ray uses his units on 160 meters almost nightly and he is
>loud
>from Ohio to Kansas.

WOW...that is superb DX Lee!  Ohio to Kansas.  It must really take 2500W
to make that path thru the acid rain.

As I replied to Patrick, I am not knocking QRO at all; I just have no
experience with their products, reliability, etc. Anyone that wants to be
a Guinea pig be my guest; just remember that you are on the "leading
edge" .  Amplifier companies come and go.

My ONLY comment on this reflector is that I did not like the idea of one
muffin fan blowing across a pair of 3-500Z's that are in line with the
air flow. I never did get any feedback on that or it they are still using
that setup...I missed Dayton.

73...Carl   KM1H

 The amp sounds crisp and clean on the RX end.