[AMPS] Re: Drive Level in amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Drive Level in amplifiers
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:52:30 EST
Jon, etc., arent we complicating the issue a bit?

In the classic GG circuit the input VSWR will change as you adjust the
OUTPUT tank. Is it not then necessary to consider the complete path from
exciter to the 50 Ohm load at the antenna connector?

I have ALWAYS found it necessary to do the input tuning after I have the
output somewhat adjusted. It is a back and forth exercise at times and
reduced drive is advisable.

I have not found the noise bridge to be very accurate even after
everything is tuned. Not sure why but suspect that the tube must be
actually amplifying and the minimal RF level varies among tubes.

No theory, just a knuckle draggers experience.

73  Carl  KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]