[AMPS] What Tube for Home brew

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] What Tube for Home brew
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 00:40:44 -0700
Funny, I didn't see you over my shoulder while I was reading your post. I
read the entire thing, both then and now.

I was quoting Ted Henry. I didn't have the conversation with Eimac.

As for the 3CX1200A7 having a problem in some other brand of amplifier, OK,
I'll take your word for it. Let's put it as more the manufacturer than the
tube.

As for HENRY using this tube in their HF amps, it is an excellent performer
and VERY stable!

My HENRY 3K Classic X MKII (using a 3CX1200A7) will put out into a 50 ohm
load 2500 watts on 10M with drive that still doesn't push grid current to
tube max ratings.
Hmmmm, with these "extra losses at the high end of the HF spectrum" I would
say it must be "properly tamed" eh?

As if there is some shame in stating facts about HENRY amps. I have no
problem with it pertaining to this question about tube choices.
I agree that at higher frequencies there are better tube choices, but for
10M and lower this tube in the proper hands plays very well.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (member SCDXC, SCCC)
Rugged, Reliable Henry HF Amps are "Instant on" for RF Power now!
DXers/Contesters/Ragchewers get your HENRY from RADIODAN for LESS!
***Subscribe to the HENRY reflector at www.qth.net <http://www.qth.net>
***
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!