[AMPS] What Tube for Home brew

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] What Tube for Home brew
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 01:45:05 -0400

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:02:25 -0700 "Radiodan W7RF" <RFpower@radiodan.com>
writes:

>As for the A7 stability for homebrewers, OK, you and Rich agree.
>I KNOW this is NOT an issue in the HENRY 3K Classic X MKII I
>personally use
>every day.

I would HOPE that ur amp is stable Dan. Its the up front engineering that
made it that way. Maybe thats why you have a MK III.
Early Henry 3CX1200A7 amps were a nightmare. Several East Coast
contesters pooled their money to get a good deal on a group buy. They
were pure fireworks, etc.   Just about everyone sent them back for
refunds and bought AL-1200' s and similar.

I just stuck with my simple, easy to use, never failed LK-500ZC that I
bought new in 1987. Still have the original tubes after all those years
of world class contesting by KQ2M from 87-95 plus my beating it chasing
DX.

BTW, I said the 1200 was unstable...I did not specify bands but reports
from Henry owners were 20M and up. Very early AL-1200's  were almost
identical.

73   Carl  KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]