[AMPS] Line input wiring

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Line input wiring
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:57:16 -0500
My comments were made assuming it was NOT a good idea to hard wire
Neutral to Earth ground at the wall or amp.  Since, in this case, you
are worried about an unbalanced load, now your (supposed) earth ground
wire will be carrying current.  Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe
that this is acceptable.  That's why Neutral and Earth are supposed to
be connected in the breaker box and nowhere else.

Electricians, what say?

-Mike