[AMPS] slam tally

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] slam tally
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:13:47 -0700

>>>?  Would you consider it bad form to state that alleged facts were
>>>contradicted by the personnel dept. of the former employer?
>>>
>>Yes, it's bad form, because:
>>
>>(a) Your assertion - which is contradicted by several other sources -
>>is based on a telephone conversation with some random person in HR who
>>had no incentive to give you strictly accurate information;
>>
>>but more importantly:
>>
>>(b) The whole point of your pursuit of Mr Miklos seems to be to smear
>>his personal integrity because his technical judgement differs from
>>yours.
>
>Moreover, even if the above weren't true, there may be a perfectly innocent
>explanation of the "discrepancy."

?  which is why a sent a postcard to Mr. Miklos shortly thereafter
notifying him of the situation.

>Most companies of any size have separate
>salary "grades", that are distinct from functional titles.  I don't know
>what an Engineer-B is in Varian's terminology, but it might be entirely
>consistent with a functional title of R&D Manager.

?  Engineer B is the bottom grade.

> It wouldn't be
>surprising if the personnel people at Varian were told only to provide the
>salary "grade" in response to a "blind" telephone inquiry.

?  As I recall the telephone inquiry,:  I gave my name.  I stated that a
debate was taking place on the Internet,  that one of the participants
had a statement about a former Eimac/Varian employee, and that I would
like to check it out.  She said go.  I said that this participant claimed
that Mr. Miklos was the "R+D Engineering Manager".  She said Miklos was
not, that he was an Engineer B and he was well-liked.    .

-  cheers, Pete

Rich...