[AMPS] slam tally

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] slam tally
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:49:34 -0700

>Rich Measures wrote:
>>
>>>neither should one publicly attack
>>>the intelligence, integrity, morals or honesty of one's opponent ...
>>
>>?  Would you consider it bad form to state that alleged facts were
>>contradicted by the personnel dept. of the former employer?
>>
>Yes, it's bad form, because:
>
>(a) Your assertion - which is contradicted by several other sources -
>is based on a telephone conversation with some random person in HR who
>had no incentive to give you strictly accurate information;

?  What is HR?  // The person I spoke with was an employee in the
Varian/Eimac SLC facility's personnel office.   A quite likely incentive
to give accurate information is the possiblility of job termination for
having given bad information.

>but more importantly:
>
>(b) The whole point of your pursuit of Mr Miklos seems to be to smear
>his personal integrity because his technical judgement differs from
>yours.

?  I have seen nothing from Mr. Miklos.    Tom Rauch did all of the
talking.  Tom said that Miklos would show up in January, 1997 and enter
the debate.  I await.   If Miklos shows up, one of the first questions
from yours truly will be whether or not he agrees with Mr. Rauch's
somewhat unique method of calculating grid-dissipation by multiplying
peak grid current by rms grid-cathode volts?  [sic]

>Rotten bad form, old chap... can't you see that?

?   I repeated what the personnel dept.  told me.  Bad form would
seemingly have been to adjust what she told me.  //  What evidence do you
have that Miklos was other than an Engineer B at Varian/Eimac?   Would
you like to have the telephone number of the SLC facility personnel
office so that you can find out first-hand, Ian?

-  cheers

Rich...