[AMPS] Good Meter vs CRT was Hot wire....

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Good Meter vs CRT was Hot wire....
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:37:16 -0500
For you 160 meter buffs, let me repeat a post I put on the
reflector a couple of years ago.

Bird means what they say when they label a slug with a
frequency range. I  once spent many hours trying to "improve"
the poor efficiency of a 160 meter amp I had constructed.
I figured 1.8 mhz was close enough to 2 mhz when using a
2-30 mhz slug, but that is not the case. You will always come
out with a lower than actual reading when using a  2-30 mhz
slug on 160. Just a caveat to keep you from pulling you hair out
on an amp project!

Phil, K5PC