[AMPS] Good Meter vs CRT was Hot wire....

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Good Meter vs CRT was Hot wire....
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:47:11 -0400
Seems a lot like a high performance car - unless they catch you going
>65mph (or whatever), which plenty of cars can do, the cops can have
little to say.  100hp or 400hp doesn't matter.

However, I've read that the police often get (lame) excuses of a
speeder's poorly-calibrated speedometer thrown out - it's the "real"
speed not the one on your dashboard that matters.  Real speed is,
usually, the police's version of speed since only their stuff is ever
(albeit arguably) calibrated.  So don't deliberately mis-adjust a
wattmeter and then expect it to be a valid excuse, hi.

Surely a SB-200 between your TS-940 and your 3CX3000 is a giveaway!

Mike N2MG