[AMPS] Good Meter vs CRT was Hot wire....

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Good Meter vs CRT was Hot wire....
From: W4EF@pacbell.net (Michael Tope)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:13:17 -0700
This brings up a question that I have. When the FCC inspects
a station, how is the question of drive power handled? Many
commercially available amplifiers will run more the 1500 watts
output if they are driven hard enough. What if I have a
homebrew 3CX3000? How can they prove that I run it harder
then legal limit without doing field strength measurements
when I am not looking?

If they are there in the shack with you, seems that it would
just be a question of meter calibration [O-scope if you prefer].
IOW, my version of 1500 watts versus their's.

Mike, W4EF...........