[AMPS] Good Meter vs CRT was Hot wire....

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Good Meter vs CRT was Hot wire....
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:19:37 -0700
Mike,

They have to go into the shack, where they measure the PEP output with their
meter.  They don't care if you have a 3cx100000x driven by a pair of 833's in
push-pull or a 6146.  They make field strength measurements from their truck
outside so they'll know if you reduce power when they knock on your door.  If
they read 1500 watts in your shack, but the guy outside records a 3 db drop
after they knock, then they've got you running 3kw.  I suppose you could go to
court and challenge the calibration of their meters, just like you could with a
radar gun.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA