[AMPS] Manometer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Manometer
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:02:22 -0000
Bob,

Use a piece of clear plastic tubing bent into a U shape. Or a piece of glass
tube. I actually use the clear plastic tube that I use for siphoning the
home brew beer for bottling - just put some water in the tube, leave one end
open to atmosphere. Add a drop of washing up liquid to the water to reduce
surface tension, and mayhap some ink to make it stand out clearly, scotch
tape it to the box. Tape a 6 inch steel rule alongside and there you are.

MAKE SURE YOU WASH THE TUBE THOROUGHLY BEFORE SIPHONING BEER WITH IT!!

I first described this at the RSGB VHF Convention back in about 1985, so
it's not new.

73

Peter G3RZP