[AMPS] RF filament choke for indirectly heated cathodes?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RF filament choke for indirectly heated cathodes?
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:29:58 -0700

>In a message dated 06/21/2000 09:36:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time, 2@vc.net
>writes:
>
><<   In other
> words, put a jumper between the cathode and the heater, and use a heater
> choke - the same as one would do for >>30MHz operation >>
>MAKES U WONDER JUST HOW MUCH MORE IT WOULD COST THE MFG. TO DO IT RIGHT!

Good point, Hank.    My guess is that most of the manufacturers have
engineers with limited educations.  .  For instance, all of the
Ameritron/MFJ amps use a HV ''bypass'' cap that has 88-ohms of Xc at
1.8MHz (1000pF).   What kind of a bypass is 88-ohms of Xc?   During a
debate with Ameritron/MFJ's head engineer, it became apparent that he did
not understand algebraic or scientific notation.

cheers

end