[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 13:42:09 -0500
Tom- it does NOT take an EE to detect the bias. My professional specialty
was Rocket motors, with only enough electronics exposure to 'appliance
operate' good instruments, but my second specialty (used professionally,
too) was the detection and analysis of verbal BS. You and I both know of
another prime source, but he(they) change their tune, and use references
newer than 1935.  There is diversity there.

I tried to follow some of the 'grate debate', and later output,
particularly about parasitics, but found very quickly that I was seeing the
same old song, with nothing new, except the number of ZZZZZ's in the baffle
gab.  When specifics are dodged and personal attack is the order of the day
(ala Phil), I stop reading except for amusement. I know that if I had a
problem OF ANY KIND with an Amp, I would ignore anything from this source,
because I could not be sure of the motivation.

Bill

At 01:43 PM 9/6/00 -0400, you wrote:

>The only thing that prevents you from being widely accepted by
>engineers, is they understand your theories and analysis are all
>bologna. You can dupe the poor Ham who doesn't quite follow all
>the theory, but you can't fool the people who understand physics or
>circuit theory...especially those with test equipment.
>

>73, Tom W8JI
>w8ji@contesting.com
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps