[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:45:11 -0400
> Tom- it does NOT take an EE to detect the bias. My professional specialty
> was Rocket motors, with only enough electronics exposure to 'appliance
> operate' good instruments, but my second specialty (used professionally,
> too) was the detection and analysis of verbal BS. You and I both know of
> another prime source, but he(they) change their tune, and use references
> newer than 1935.  There is diversity there

But then why does nearly every current-day HF amplifier manufacturer use
"1935 technology" with the inclusion of the classic coil turned around a
carbon composition resistor for the purpose of serving as a parasitic
suppressor?

If parasitics are of little concern, who on this list (manufacturers
included) is perfectly comfortable with running (or manufacturing) their
multi-band HF amplifier without a parasitic suppressor?  One manufacturer we
know of uses an 8877 without the use of any suppressor, but other amplifiers
in their product line do.  Does this infer that some of their amp products
are prone to potentially damaging parasitics while others are not?

-Paul, W9AC