[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:28:14 -0400
Subject:                Re: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
Date sent:              Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:01:47 -0700
From:                   measures <2@vc.net>
To:                     "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>

> >> I will let you judge for yourself on who was correct and who was not,
> >> but as a result subsequent articles submitted by Rich to QST for
> >> publication were rejected by the editors of QST, including his rebuttal
> >> to the Technical Correspondence disputing his article.
> >
> >The rebuttal was rejected because it contained no technical
> >information and included comments such as "people who clean
> >toilets at Eimac can be called engineers".
> >
> >Reid Brandon, in the list Phil posted, is an Eimac engineer.
> >
> ?     I telephoned the Eimac personnel office and was told that Mr.
> Brandon does not work for the Engineering Department.  I clean the
> toilets in my house.  I am a sanitary engineer.

This is exactly why your rebuttal was rejected. It was full of
personal attacks.  Reid Brandon is an Engineer at Eimac, and
Buzz Mikolous (sp?) was an RD engineer who also disagreed with
you.

Implying the engineers at Eimac who disagree with you "clean
toilets" doesn't win you any points.

> >I have a copy of the "rebuttal letter" if anyone questions the motives
> >behind QST rejecting it.
> >
> ?  Early on, I sent Mr. Rauch a  copy of the Rebuttal.  He wrote me a -
> now hotly denied - letter threatening to sue me and sue QST Magazine if
> the Rebuttal was ever published. >

Please make a signed copy of that letter available Rich. I have no
recollection of it. I want to read it.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com