[AMPS] Making tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Making tubes
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 07:17:00 -0500
on 7/5/01 12:23 PM, Jeff Stai WK6I at jstai@home.com wrote:

> hi - It is worth noting, however, that the first tubes were in fact "home
> brew"...
>
> It would be something you would do because you want to, not because it would
> save money, etc.
> After enough practice and investment (time, materials, equipment) a usuable
> product
> could be the result!

Yeah, but go back through history and look at the first tubes!  They sure
weren't the equivalent of what we see on the market today.  Sure,
homebrewing of a tube could be done, but I would bet that it would be more
educational and experimental than something that would be a sturdy, legal
limit tube.

73,

Jon
NA9D