[AMPS] Additional Info Voltage Doubler/Filter Capacitance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Additional Info Voltage Doubler/Filter Capacitance
From: uncrichie@home.com (kurt)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:59:11 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C14206.556676E0

Hello All:
   Thanks for the info so far. Additional info is as follows: The =
transformer was designed to be used with a doubling rectifier. The =
secondary is 900 volts +or- 5%. The secondary resistance is 16 Ohms. =
(primary will be wired for 240V).
I suppose I would use a full wave voltage doubler. Unfortunately I don't =
have the publication containing the Orr Chart. If some one has it and =
would like to plug in the info I provided, that would be a tremendous =
help.
I also checked the Duncanamp website, looks very interesting. I checked =
the index and didn't see anything helpful with a doubling circuit, =
however I didn't venture too far, my system is windows ME and it didn't =
look compatible, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes down to loading =
incompatible programs, this comes from the pain and scars delivered by =
the boss when I ask her to straighten out the computer.
Anyway I hope the additional info I provided will help with how much =
capacitance you think I will need in each leg of the rectifier. Thanks =
again,   Kurt...

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C14206.556676E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello All:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks for the info so =
far. Additional=20
info is as follows: The transformer was designed to be used with a =
doubling=20
rectifier. The secondary is 900 volts +or- 5%. The secondary resistance =
is 16=20
Ohms. (primary will be&nbsp;wired for 240V).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I suppose I would use a full wave =
voltage doubler.=20
Unfortunately I don't have the publication containing the Orr Chart. If =
some one=20
has it and would like to plug in the info I provided, that would be a =
tremendous=20
help.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also checked the Duncanamp website, =
looks very=20
interesting. I checked the index and didn't see anything helpful with a =
doubling=20
circuit, however I didn't venture too far, my system is windows ME and =
it didn't=20
look compatible, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes down to loading=20
incompatible programs, this comes from the pain and scars delivered by =
the boss=20
when I ask her to straighten out the computer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyway I hope the additional info I =
provided will=20
help with how much capacitance you think I will need in each leg of the=20
rectifier. Thanks again,&nbsp;&nbsp; Kurt...</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C14206.556676E0--