RE: [Amps] grease for tuning sliding contacts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Amps] grease for tuning sliding contacts
From: David Woodhead <davidw@ensemble.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:24:32 -0700
I use silver conductive grease. It is quite expensive (~$20 for a tiny tube)
and available online. However, you only need a very small amount. I use it
only on sliding contacts, not on the inductor itself (most of mine use a
wheel contacting the inductor). I have run tests with and without the
grease. Without the resistance jumps when the inductor is turned. With
grease it is a solid contact even when turning. Downside is it gives a
slightly sticky feel when turning.

David
KM5TZ