[Amps] 220V service for amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 220V service for amplifier
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:19:54 -0500

I did some searching through the list but haven't managed to hit the nail right on the head yet...

For wiring a Ten-Tec Centurion amp to 220V, are there any recommended plugs and outlets to use?

I am thinking about using a 3 or 4 prong clothes dryer outlet and plug combination for quick/easy disconnect, however the thing i'm wondering about is where the neutral and ground tie together, since i'm fairly sure that the Centurion doesn't have a 4 wire power cable running out of it. Maybe i'm wrong (probably am wrong).

Any help and advice how to properly wire the amp would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Jason